Sarasota County Tax Collector - Barbara Ford-Coates - Exceptional Staff Exceptional Service
  • Welcome to your 24-hour Service Center.
  • Spring Break - Arrive Alive - Don't Drink and Drive - #SpringBreakFL 
  • Skip the Trip. Pay taxes, renew a driver's license, and more... All Righer Here, Online!
  • Add Emergency Contact Information to your Driver's License Record - 
  • Exceptional Staff Exceptional Service
  • View/Pay Taxes
  • Renew Driver's License/Registration
  • Make a Driver's License Appointment
  • Address Change
  • New Residents
  • Sign up for eNotifications
The Florida DHSMV has issued a warning about a company targeting consumers for payment of fraudulent citations. Read more at
Fraudulent Check Alert: If you received a check and have no connection with our office, do not cash or deposit. Contact us with any questions.
Call, Click or Come By941.861.8300

Downtown Sarasota
   Hours: Mon-Thu 8:30-5:00, Fri 8:30-5:30
Driver’s License Office – Pompano
   Hours: Mon-Thu 8:30-5:00, Fri 8:30-5:30
South Sarasota
   Hours: Mon-Thu 8:30-5:00, Fri 8:30-5:30
   Hours: Mon-Thu 8:30-5:00, Fri 8:30-5:30
North Port
   Hours: Wed 8:30-4:30
Military Veteran Information
How Are We Doing? Connect With Us! - Complete an Online Survey

Property Taxes are Delinquent April 1st

To avoid a 3% delinquent penalty, property taxes must be paid or postmarked by Friday, March 31st. There are a variety of payment options available. If you pay online, you can print a paid receipt immediately. If you would like to view or print your tax bill, that also can be done online.

Property Tax Receipts for Federal Income Return
Tax receipts are available to print from our website 24/7. Please note, if you itemize your deductions, any non-ad valorem assessments on the tax bill may not be deductible on your federal income tax return. You may want to discuss this with a tax professional.

Did You Know?

  • There are multiple ways to pay your tax bill. Click here for more information.
  • You can report someone who may not be paying the business tax or tourist tax. Submit an anonymous referral to our Tax Tipline.
  • All the information you need to update your name on your driver's license or ID card can be found at the following government websites. (Please note there are several websites that advertise changing your name for a fee; these are NOT affiliated with any government agency.)
    1. ​​Change your name at Social Security.
    2. After your updated social security card arrives, visit one of our Service Centers. You will need to bring certified court documents or a certified marriage certificate.
    3. If you are not yet Real ID compliant, you must meet additional document requirements before obtaining a new driver’s license or ID Card.