Create a payee for "Tax Collector Barbara Ford-Coates" as your bank instructs. Include your tax account number or license plate/decal number and initiate your payment with sufficient lead time for it to settle in our account by the due date.
- Credit Card (2.35% or $1.50 minimum fee)
- Debit Card ($1.50 fee)
Property tax, business tax and registration renewal payments may be mailed to PO Box 30332, Tampa, FL 33630-3332. All other payments and regular mail should be sent to 101 S. Washington Blvd., Sarasota, FL 34236-6993. Checks payable to Tax Collector Barbara Ford-Coates must be drawn on a U.S. bank and in U.S. funds.
- Business Tax - eCheck (no fee), Debit Card ($1.50 fee), Credit Card (2.35% or $1.50 minimum fee)
- Driver's License/ID Card, Electronic Title Prints & Address Change for DMV & Driver's License/ID Card - Credit Card at MyDMVPortal
- Hunting & Fishing - Credit Card at MyFWC
- Property Tax - eCheck (no fee), Debit Card ($1.50 fee), Credit Card (2.35% or $1.50 minimum fee)
- Registration Renewal - Credit Card at MyEasyGov
- Tourist Development Tax - currently unavailable
With eCheck, your payment can be electronically transferred from your checking account. You will need one of your checks for the bank routing number and your bank account number.
You can wire funds directly from your bank account to our bank account. Typically the funds will be transferred the same day, however, please confirm your bank's policies and procedures regarding wire transfers. All wire transfer fees are the responsibility of the sender. Wiring Instructions
We do not have contactless payments such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay at this time.
Information About Credit Card Fees
The credit card fee is not retained by the Tax Collector but is passed along to the credit card processing company. When businesses accept a credit card payment, they must pay a fee on each transaction. Private vendors are prohibited by law from passing the fee along and it is built into their cost of doing business. There is an exemption that allows government agencies to pass the credit card fee along. Unfortunately, if we had to absorb the credit card fees on all payments, it would cost this office millions of dollars. For taxpayers paying property tax and business tax online, we offer an eCheck option at no cost so that taxpayers can enjoy the convenience of paying online without an additional fee.